There are two ways to recertify:
- Recertification Journal: Obtain a minimum of 18 recertification units during your three-year certification period. Document them in your recertification journal. When completed, send your documentation to the Recertification Chair who will review your Journal for a complete and correct submission and will notify ASQ National that you have met (or not) the criteria for recertification.
- Examination: Sit for the exam. (Required if your certification expired and is past the six-month grace period.)
Do I Need to Recertify? ASQ requires that you recertify the following certifications every three years to ensure that you maintain the same level of knowledge demonstrated in your first exam.
• Biomedical Auditor
• Calibration Technician
• HACCP Auditor
• Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence
• Master Black Belt
• Pharmaceutical GMP Professional
• Quality Auditor
• Quality Engineer
• Reliability Engineer
• Software Quality Engineer
• Six Sigma Black Belt
• ASQ/DON Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Note: Quality Inspector, Quality Improvement Associate, Quality Process Analyst, Quality Technician and Six Sigma Green Belt are lifetime certifications. They have no recertification requirements.