- This event has passed.
ASQ Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB) *Exam Prep* 10 evenings ONLINE starting March 31, 2020 (CP400-2) $699-$799
March 31 at 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
BECAUSE THE COURSE IS ONLINE, ALL STUDENTS ARE WELCOME, REGARDLESS OF PROXIMITY TO PHILADELPHIA. PLEASE SHARE THIS OPPORTUNITY WITH OTHERS WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED.
Instructor: Stewart Roseman, ASQ CSSBB, CMQ/OE, MBA – has taught this course 15 times since 2014 and students have an exceptionally good rate of passing.
ASQ RU: 3.0
Timing of the Class:
The class meets on ten Tuesday evenings from 3/31/20 to 6/02/20 from 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM, online, unless other arrangements are made. This class is timed to end just before ASQ’s 6/5/20 to 6/21/20 exam window opens.
1) Live online: the course’s http://www.GoToMeeting.com link will be sent by instructor for use in each class. Students will watch and participate as the instructor walks through the excellent IQC primer and his proprietary materials, and watch him demonstrate problem solving techniques using simulated exam problems. Students are encouraged to ask questions and share experiences during each class, and afterwards via email or phone.
2) Recorded video recordings of the live sessions will be uploaded to a shared Google drive, enabling all students to easily catch up on missed classes or watch them again.
There are no prerequisites for this preparation/refresher class; information about the CSSGB certification requirements and Book of Knowledge is at https://asq.org/cert/six-sigma-green-belt. Register for the exam at the asq.org website, under Certifications; the registration deadline is 5/8 for the exact exam window of 6/6 to 6/21/2020. The exam is offered again 8/7 thru 8/23/2020 and every two months as found on http://asq.org/cert/dates.
Designed for managers and professionals with interest in a Six Sigma methodologies and wanting a lifelong credential for knowledge and skills for problem-solving project management. Lean Six Sigma techniques help all persons participating in process improvements in diverse businesses such as manufacturing, construction, healthcare, finance, customer service, engineering, communications, logistics, sales, quality and purchasing. Six Sigma projects are team based and some examples include cycle time reduction, reducing error (or mistake) rate, customer complaints and solving quality problems.
Taking this class will develop a comradeship and collaborations that one gets by attending the evening classes with professionals. This course will help you learn Six Sigma methodologies for process improvement and help you take the ASQ test, passing which certifies you as CSSGB. This is a lifetime certification, therefore continuous earning of recertification units (RUs) won’t be required.
This course was designed for busy professionals, providing a thorough overview of the quantitative methods likely to be present on ASQ’s Certified Six Sigma Green Belt exam. Through lecture, discussion, demonstration and take-home problems, attendees will become thoroughly familiar with the complete CSSGB body of knowledge.
The course will thoroughly review the Quality Council of Indiana’s CSSGB Primer, $75 plus shipping, which students need to purchase separately. The optional Solutions Guide is also recommended. https://www.qualitycouncil.com/cssgb/
Topics to be covered:
Overview: Six Sigma and the Organization
- Six sigma and organizational goals
- Lean principles in the organization
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) in the organization
- Six Sigma – Define
- Process Management for Projects
- Project management basics
- Management and planning tools
- Business results for projects
- Team dynamics and performance
- Six Sigma – Measure
- Process analysis and documentation
- Probability and statistics
- Collecting and summarizing data
- Probability distributions
- Measurement system analysis
- Process capability and performance
- Six Sigma – Analyze
- Exploratory data analysis
- Hypothesis testing
- Six Sigma – Improve & Control
- Design of experiments (DOE)
- Statistical process control (SPC)
- Implement and validate solutions
- Control plan
Class Availability: There’s a minimum registration of students to hold this class.
About the Instructor: Stewart Roseman, MBA, PMP, is ASQ certified as a Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) and Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE). He’s currently a Senior IT Project Manager where he leads several IT and process improvement projects, while also training employees.
Registration and fees for this class do not include registration for the certification examination. Exam registration deadline is about five weeks after the class has begun, so consider waiting on exam registration until the class is confirmed to be held. If you are interested in taking the ASQ CSSGB Certification Examination, please go to http://www.asq.org and click on Certification.
Attendance, Registration, Refund, and Payment Details:
Section reserves the right to cancel the course if the minimum enrollment is not met.
Substitutions after registration are permitted.
Refunds provided if course is not held.
Email from Eventbrite.com addressed to you will be used for important course information. Please open immediately and take appropriate action.
Payment for the course is due by the first class session unless prior arrangements are made with the Section Treasurer (see below).
PayPal (preferred): Follow instructions on Registration page
Pay by Check: Make payable to: ASQ Philadelphia Section 0505
Mail checks to:
ASQ Section 0505
c/o Tom Petrocella
422 Woodland Ave
Glendora, NJ 08029
Class information and Emergency Contact:
Stewart Roseman, 215-692-3993 or email@example.com