The Mid-Atlantic Pharmaceutical/Biomedical Discussion Group (MAPBDG) is a regional discussion group, encompassing these mid-Atlantic areas:
- Eastern Pennsylvania
- Southern New Jersey
- Eastern Maryland
- Northern Virginia
- Washington DC
The objective of the MAPBDG is to provide technical professional support in the pharmaceutical, bio-pharmaceutical and medical device industries by fostering collaboration between the professionals in the region.
- Provide timely topics of current interest in the pharmaceutical, bio-pharmaceutical and medical device community at evening dinner meetings or at our annual symposium.
- Provide an opportunity for professionals to network, exchange issues and ideas of mutual interests.
- Raise awareness of issues/concerns regarding new and/or revised regulatory topics (FDA)
- Exchange information related to international standards for pharmaceutical or medical devices.
- Collaborate between MAPBDG and Pharmaceutical/Biomedical division of the American Society for Quality “ASQ”
Understanding that the mid-Atlantic region is the major hub of United States Pharmaceutical Biomedical industries, the MAPBDG provides a forum for connecting these professionals that will generate significant benefits to the members and related industries. The MAPBDG welcomes participation of all interested professionals, regardless of being ASQ members or non-members.
The ASQ Philadelphia section has over 1000 members with about 400 pharmaceutical, bio-pharmaceutical and medical device industry. The Section has supported the MAPBDG from its inception and is a great resource for professional advancement.
In collaboration with the ASQ Region 5 sections, MAPBDG is looking for volunteers in all related activities including the leadership team, speakers, and event organizers. If you are interested in supporting the Discussion Group, please contact the MAPBDG Chair, Ray Lotfi, by email or calling (610) 308-8495.