ASQ Introduction to Quality Inspection Tools Course (ES 131-1)
March 8 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$499.00 - $599.00
ASQ RU: 0.8 Prerequisite: None required but familiarity with mathematics/algebra and Microsoft Excel worksheet will be beneficial.
Class Details: This course covers inspection, measurement, data/distribution and recording in a regulated environment. The classroom techniques will include lecture, individual participation, group problem discussion, case studies, and quizzes to test understanding. In an instructor-led class, any individual’s weaknesses of the subject matter are worked-on as a group so as to explain, clarify and fix the weakness. In addition, a classroom-based class provides the camaraderie, collaboration, and connections with others in the field of Quality that may provide support and assistance in many other ways.
Topics to be covered:
- Quality issues related to inspection and recording
- Clear the area and remove all not related items
- Consider and follow safety requirements
- Approved document with revision level
- Trained associates to conduct inspection or measurement
- Paper with information (Lot #, P/N, date, initials, verifier) or all electronic
- Blue pen for recording, keeping the original
- Calibrated instrument, proper recording self-identifier
- Decimal points, rounding, units of measurements and conversions
- Sampling plans Acceptable Quality Level “AQL”
- AQL level for inspection, what next if not meet, related charts
- Average, Standard Deviation, Upper Control Limits
- Lower Control Limit, Capability Cpk
- Probability Distribution & Applications
- Normal, Exponential, Weibull
Report Writing Samples contained with data, initials, witness, nonconformance.
About the Instructor – Ray Lotfi: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ray Lotfi is an independent consultant with over 20 years of operation experience with expertise in medical device and consumer product industries on Quality, Regulatory, R&D, Logistic, and Manufacturing issues. Ray has been the project leader on multiple projects, chaired FMEA teams and served on CAPA panels. He has authored Quality System Manuals, Standard Operation Procedures, and Manufacturing Operation Procedures. He has led commissioning projects -Installation, Operation, and Performance Qualification – for medical devices in aseptic environments. Attendance, Registration, Refund, and Payment Details:
- Textbooks and reference materials are included in the course fee unless otherwise indicated. Some courses use instructor supplied material and these are included in the fee.
- If the class is held for the entire day and when indicated, morning and afternoon refreshments and lunch are included in the registration fee.
- Section reserves the right to cancel the course if the minimum enrollment is not met.
- Substitutions after Registration are permitted. Inform Education Chairperson and/or Section Treasurer to ensure accurate attendance records.
- Email from Eventbrite.com addressed to you will be used for important course information. Please add Eventbrite.com to your email contacts list so the messages do not end up in your Junk or Spam folder. Please open immediately and take appropriate action.
- Refunds provided if the class is cancelled.
- Payment for the course is due by the first class session unless prior arrangements are made with the Section Education Chair or Section Treasurer.
PayPal: Follow instructions on the Eventbrite registration page Pay by Check: Make payable to ASQ Philadelphia Section 0505
Credit Card/Check/Invoice payments: – Section Treasurer, Stewart Roseman, email@example.com
Mail to: ASQ Philadelphia Section 0505 Treasurer
c/o Stewart Roseman
1217 Hartranft Ave, Fort Washington, PA 19403.
Pay by invoice: Send P.O. to Section Treasurer, Stewart Roseman firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide name of contact person to receive Sections’s invoice.
Class information and Emergency Contact: – Ray Lotfi, (610) 308-8495, email@example.com
Additional information: If the course is held during the day, except where noted, lunch and morning and afternoon breaks are included in the fee. Emergency cancellation notification is to the mobile phone number you provided at registration. Want to Hold this Course Onsite? This course can be held at your company with a minimum of 6 or 8 attendees at a reduction from the classroom based fee. Except for the Certification Exam Preparation courses, this course can be customized to subjects and issues at your company. The company must take care of breaks and lunch and a suitable training area and projection equipment. The course curriculum, time and date are negotiated directly with the instructor. A proposal will be submitted based on the understanding of your requirements. If interested, contact Ray Lotfi, (610) 308 8495, firstname.lastname@example.org.